September was so fun, it took me til October to post this!
- Triathlon – I’ve always been known as Marathon Meghan, but now after completing the Quakerman, I can officially call myself a triathlete as well.
- Haven – I’m not much of a “club” girl, but when in Atlantic City… My friend Maria’s bridal party enjoyed a night out in AC earlier this month and we hit up Haven, the brand new club inside the recently refurbished Golden Nugget resort. Like I said, I don’t consider myself the club going type, but if I’m going to squeeze into a skin tight dress and dance to house music all night, this is where I want to be. The club was clean and spacious, the DJ was out of this world good, the staff was friendly, and the party never seemed to end.
- Glamping – I don’t camp. But I do glamp. Read about it here.
- Del Friscos Steakhouse – Restaurant week in Philadelphia is pretty much every foodie’s dream. 3 courses for $35 at some of the top dining establishments around town. My girlfriends and I were able to snag a Wednesday night reservation at Del Friscos. Man o man was it good, and such a value! Normally a fancy steak house charges $35+ for just the piece of meat, but on restaurant week you can add on a soup, side, and dessert for the same price! To top it off the inside of Del Friscos is beautiful, housed in an old bank on the corner of 15th and Chestnut.
- Buddakan – I’ve been dying to check out this Steven Starr staple for the last 3 years. I have no clue why it took me so long to make it there, but it was well worth the wait! Buddakan was stop during restaurant week and I couldn’t have asked for a nicer evening. I love the swanky eastern inspired decor that perfectly matches Asian fusion menu. The entire meal was fantastic… but the Sea Bass entree… TO. DIE. FOR.
- Pumpkin Beer – Southern Tier Pumpking. Nothing more needs to be said on this one.
- Friday Night Lights – I know this show isn’t ‘new this month’ but its new to me. After getting recommendations from a few different people, I finally broke down and started watching on Netflix… and never stopped. It’s about football… but it’s not about football. Gah. So. Good. Oh and I pretty much want to be Connie Britton in real life. True Story.
- Trader Joe’s Coconut Body Butter – I impulse bought this body butter on my last trip to Trader Joe’s and I’m completely obsessed. I’ve never used any of their health or beauty products before, but now I’m intrigued to try some more. This body butter is super thick, but doesn’t leave your skin feeling slimy. And if you enjoy smelling like a tropical cocktail, well then this stuff is for you!
- Tunes of the month – Lorde – Royals; Paramore – Into You; Avici – Wake Me Up; Philip Philips – Gone, Gone, Gone. I’ve played them all on repeat a completely obnoxious number of times.
NOT SO NEW THIS MONTH:
- This BLOG – The Spatularettes turned 2 years old in September. What what?? Anyone remember when I was posting pictures that looked like this? Special thanks to anyone who has been reading since then. Woah. You guys rule. Hearts and stars all around.