Summer!! Where? Did? You? Go?
- Steve’s Prince Of Steaks – Every year on my Philly anniversary, I order a cheesesteak for dinner. This year I went to Steve’s on Bustleton Ave near the Roosevelt Mall in Northeast Philly. The sandwich was large, the toppings were fresh, and the meat was thick cut. In my opinion, one of the best cheesesteaks in the city.
- Peach Season – Peach season lasts for about 4 seconds in Pennsylvania, so I’ve anxiously be awaiting it all year long. I buy my peaches at the Ardmore Farmer’s Market and they are worth ever cent. This year I made Peach Berry Cobbler, Peach Crumb Bars, and Peach Dumplings (from the Smitten Kitchen cookbook).
- Emoji – The latest and greatest update to my iPhone. I finally learned how to send emjoi. This is proof of how far behind the times I am technologically. Everyone has been sending emjoi for months and just this month, with the help of a co-worker, I sent my very first “thumbs up.”
- Summer Jams Part 3 – I told you what I was listening to in June and July so here are the newbies for August: Kenny Chesney – When I See This Bar (its a love song about a bar… I can’t complain); Eric Church – Like Jesus Does (yeah, he gets it); Katy Perry – Roar (I’m not usually into “girl power” songs, but this is the perfect inspiration going into my triathlon!)
- Luke Bryan – When I wasn’t listening to Kenny, Eric, and Katy this months its been alllllll about Luke Bryan. He released his new album this month and I’m just a little bit obsessed. And by “little bit” I mean that I love him so much that I bought tickets for his sold out concert at the Allentown Fair on Craigslist (which could have resulted in me getting majorly scammed but I didn’t so HA to everyone who rolled their eyes at me). He won the Entertainer of the Year award at the ACM’s back in April, and after seeing him perform live, it makes total sense.
NOT SO NEW THIS MONTH:
- My position at work – In my very first New This Month back in February, I told you that I had just started a new position at work. I’ve now been at that position for 6 months. Wow, time sure flies when you’re having fun.