Yesterday we reviewed your top 12 favorite Spatularette recipes of 2012, so today on the last day of the year, we’ll tackle mine. Many of your favorites would have landed on my Best Of list, but I wanted to highlight 12 different recipes that might not have gotten quite as much attention over the year. I hope you’ve tried at least one of the recipes on this list, but if not, here’s a second chance! From sweet to savory, I’m sure you will find something that you like!
Before we wrap up the year, I just want to say a HUGE thank you to each and every one of you who follow this blog. Small One and I started it on a whim a little over a year ago, but it has developed into a serious passion for me. I love the constant challenge it creates and the sense of community it provides. Most of all, I love you for clicking over on a regular basis to read what we have to say!
- Apple Crumb Bars – I went a little overboard on an apple picking trip this fall, so fruit became the star of the show in many of my October recipes. I made these apple crumb bars for a picnic with friends and they were such a hit that I recreated them a few more times.
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Cake Filling – This recipe was a Pinterest discovery and is just as delicious and indulgent as it sounds. I made it for a joint birthday/farwell party and the cake was devoured by kids and adults alike.
- Eggplant Parm Pizza – Turning meals into pizzas is something I experiment with all year round. This eggplant parm pizza had to have been my favorite though!
- Jalapeno Turkey Burgers – Who says burgers can’t be healthy!? I created these as a low cal but high flavor meal while marathon training this past fall.
- Jess’ Fruit Tart – This is my roommate’s famous fruit tart recipe. She gets rave reviews every time she makes it and finally agreed to let me post it on the blog.
- Oreo Cupcakes – These were another Pinterest inspired recipe (what did we do before Pinterest!?). My roommate and I nicknamed them Proposal Cupcakes, became we received just that (from multiple men) after bringing them to work last Valentine’s Day.
- Power Pancakes – I made some healthy substitutions to turn what is normally an empty calorie laden breakfast into a power food. I made them again for my friends the day before the Philadelphia Marathon this past November.
- Royal Frosting Tutorial – This is not an original tutorial, but one I found on another great blog. I think it’s the best one out there so I wanted to share. It definitely transformed my decorating skills and helped me to make these adorable cookies to celebrate the Navy birthday in October.
- Skinny Alfredo – This is one of those recipes that by and large went overlooked, but happens to be one of my personal favorites. I love alfredo, but I’m not a huge fan of making something so heavy for dinner at home. I think I managed to lighten it up here without losing the creamy texture or the flavor.
- Snickers Cupcakes – Small One and I spent the better part of a day whipping up these candy bar inspired cupcakes last April. They are definitely a lot of work, but the results are adorable and something you can be proud of!
- Very Berry Cheesecake – I made this cheesecake to celebrate my friend’s Navy promotion last July and it might be my favorite dessert recipe of the year. The cheesecake is silky smooth and packed with berry flavor. He still talks about it and I can’t wait to make it again this summer!
- Giada’s Citrus Pasta Salad – I’ve been making this salad for a couple of years and always get asked for the recipe, so I decided it was time to add it to the blog. Make it once and it will be a staple in your summer picnic rotation.
I wish all Spatularette readers a happy and healthy new year full of good memories and great food! I love you from the bottom of my stomach ; )