2012 was my first full calendar year writing The Spatularettes, so I decided to follow suit with many other food bloggers and do an end of year round up. First I compiled a list of your top 12 favorite recipes of 2012 based on site traffic alone. I had a ton of fun going back to read the old posts, reliving memories and recipes from the past year. I can’t get over just how much I’ve learned about cooking, photography, and blogging over the last 366 days. This Best Of list has been a great way for me to see where I’ve improved and just how much I have to learn! Thank you so much for following along, and please please send me your feedback on what you’d like to see from The Spatularettes in 2013!!
- Bachelorette Party Cake – I made this cake for my friend Katie’s bachelorette party in July. It turns out lots of ladies out there are googling “bachelorette cake ideas” and this design is perfect if you are looking for something not-so-smutty.
- Bacon Tomato Cups – This tasty appetizer recipe is compliments of my roommate’s mom. I like these because the filling can be made a day or two ahead of time to make last minute party prep a snap.
- Black Bean Polenta Pizzas – Believe it or not, I dreamed up this recipe with my Hurricane Sandy “rations.” Who knew an improvised meal would be so tasty or so popular!
- Chicken Parm Meatballs – Hands down the most popular recipe of 2012 and one of my absolute favorites. I created the recipe early in 2012 and have made them multiple times throughout the year.
- White Chocolate Peppermint Trifle – This recipe actually came as result of a kitchen disaster but turned out to be one of your favorites, as well as one of mine!
- Favorite Summer Salad – I love eating fresh and local in the summer and the name of this recipe says it all. You guys seemed to agree!
- Mint Chocolate Muddy Buddies – An allergy free twist on the classic peanut butter muddy buddies.
- Power Pasta – I used this pasta to fuel up before I ran the Marine Corps Marathon in October. The ingredients are healthy, hearty, and comforting so I think it makes for a great year round recipe.
- Pumpkin Spice Latte Cupcakes – I dreamed this idea up over the summer and couldn’t wait for fall to arrive so I could make them for you guys! These were an absolute favorite among friends and co-workers as well, so I was glad to see them pop up on this list!
- Roasted Garlic Mashed Potatoes – Roasted garlic became my new favorite way to punch up flavor this year and it turns out a lot of you were looking for classic side dish recipes this holiday season. Make these and I promise you’ll never need another mashed potato recipe.
- Strawberry Filled Chocolate Cake – It took me a few tries to get this right, but this homemade strawberry filling is absolutely perfect for summer birthdays!
- Vegetarian Stuffed Peppers – I made this twist on a Giada recipe when I hosted a pre-race dinner before the Philadelphia Marathon in November. My vegetarian friends said they were the perfect power food and I love them as a super healthy lunch!
Check back tomorrow for a list of my favorite recipes from 2012!